The weather is showing hints of coolness, the leaves are changing, fall is in the air for sure! It’s close to time for hot apple cider, spiced tea, hot chocolate or pumpkin spiced drinks. It is also time to think about curling up with a good book, a blanket and sipping that hot yummy drink.
Some new (and continuing series) in our column this week run the gamut from romance to mystery to the Civil War.
- In Karis Lynch ‘Heart of A Warrior’ series, we have #1 Shaken, #2 Shadowed and #3 Surrendered. A Navy SEAL, the love he found, and their story of how war and catastrophe affect their faith and their foundation.
- Vannetta Chapman’s ‘The Remnant Series’: An eerily plausible dystopian series where the familiar is thrown into chaos and faith will be put to the ultimate test. #1 Deep Shadows, #2 Raging Storm and #3 Light of Dawn.
- Andrea Boeshaar’s ‘Shenandoah Valley Saga’ of the Civil War: A reminder that even in the darkest circumstances faith in Christ offers hope. #1 A Thousand Shall Fall, #2 Too Deep for Words.
- Life After by Katie Ganshert- One year after a bombing in Chicago and the lives of several haunted by the tragedy.
- a lifetime of wisdom by Joni Eareckson Tada- The strength from God to live after her accident and the wisdom she has learned.
- Barbara Brown Taylor’s Holy Envy– Finding God in the faith of others, a small window on a large subject.
As a reminder, when you wish to pick up your books, we are in the library on Tuesdays 1-3. Just come to the Poplar Street doors and ring the doorbell. You may request by email (email@example.com) or leave a message on the library phone (770-227-5517, ext. 133) If your SS class is meeting in the building, we will also leave your books in your SS meeting room. Just let us know where it is right now. Happy Reading!!