Need a creative way to add some spiritual reflection to your Easter celebration?
Join us for the “Easter Connexion Photo Challenge” throughout the entire Easter season (April 21-June 9). Easter is a season of celebration and joy. As with the first women who received the message of the risen Christ, it is a time to share our joy with others. Therefore, we hope to do just that through the unique themes for photo-sharing we’ve put together. Get ready, and get creative! Your Instagram feed is about to look a whole lot more like Resurrection!
How do you participate?
- Share our Easter Connexions image on Instagram (or another social media platform) so we know you are participating in the challenge.
- Take a picture each week following our designated theme (see below) and tag #EasterConnexions2019 on all your posts.
- If you are more comfortable reflecting on this idea through poetry, painting, doodling or some other art form, feel free to do that. Then, take a picture of your creation and post it with the same hashtag.
- If you’re not on Instagram, do not worry! You can still participate in the fun by uploading your Easter photos to Twitter or Facebook and use the hashtag: #EasterConnexions2019 as well as tagging or checking in at the church in your post (you can check in to the Connexion page or the FBC Griffin page).
We will select some of the images from your feed and use them in our Sunday morning services throughout Easter.
- Week One (April 22-27) “Redeemed”
- Week Two (April 29-May4) “Transformed”
- Week Three (May 6-11) “Healed”
- Week Four (May 13-18) “Included”
- Week Five (May 20-25) “Vision”
- Week Six (May 27-June 1) “Freedom”
- Week Seven (June 3-8) “Party”
*The overall theme for Easter at FBC Griffin this year is “Surprised By Grace.” If you find yourself “surprised by grace” in some meaningful way this Easter season (even if it doesn’t have anything to do with the specific theme of the week), go ahead and document that with a picture and post it. We’ll call “surprised by grace” the wild card for picture themes.